There are lots of ways to change the world--pick one!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Excerpts from Psalm 39


This Sunday during worship at Sojourn, we will look at the three areas Jesus wants us to focus on in this life.  Loving God, Loving One Another and Loving our World.  As we prepare for that time, take a few moments and reflect on a few versus from  Psalm 39.

39:4 "O Lord, help me understand my mortality and the brevity of life!

Let me realize how quickly my life will pass!

39:5 Look, you make my days short-lived, and my life span is nothing from your perspective.

Surely all people, even those who seem secure, are nothing but vapor.

39:6 Surely people go through life as mere ghosts. Surely they accumulate worthless wealth without knowing who will eventually haul it away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!